8.07.2013

Let's talk food

I. Love. Food. Love it. Cooking it, eating it, especially baking it. Health is a huge part of my love for food. And I've been vegan for almost a year now (one of the best decisions I've ever made, though I did not make it for health reasons). Below are some photos from the last few months. This is the food that I've remembered to photograph (that barely ever happens). I've been baking a lot lately (think 3-5x a week, no joke) but I never seem to take pictures. I'll work on it. If you love food as much as I do, then scroll on down and have a look. 



Soba noodles with veggies, homemade peanut sauce, and tofu


A truly delicious vegan spread


A picnic I had on a day trip to Idaho back in May


Me eating soup at said Picnic


Thai food in London


Fruit and homework in London


Crepes at a street market in London


Huge avocados at a market in London


Raspberry & coconut milk chia seed pudding with fresh vegetable juice in London



Raw cocoa cake in London (so so so good)


Vegan buffet plate (before)


...and after


Indian food at City Spice, an amazing Indian restaurant on Brick Lane in London. This was only course one, but the others were so good I forgot to document them because I was so excited to eat. 


Fresh Mint Tea after a meal at falafel house. yes, you heard me, falafel house. 


A vegan English breakfast (I was surprised and charmed to discover that a traditional English breakfast consists of beans- typically eaten on the toast)


Fresh Produce after a trip to the farmer's market


Vegan and sugar free mini cupcakes with chocolate chip cookie toppers


Coconut yogurt & fruit for breakfast


 Grapefruit and avocado salad with macadamia nuts


My absolute favorite fruit of the moment- figs! 

Also, I think now would be an apt time to mention that I spent six weeks of my summer studying Literature in London. It was amazing, I can't wait to go back! If anyone has an interest, I can post more about my trip. If not, just enjoy daydreaming about food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment