8.11.2013

Healthy Eats

I am seriously addicted to sweets. Sometimes it's a problem, but in order to avoid it being problematic I spend a lot of time looking for recipes that are healthy and amazing. Luckily there are plenty of those. Lately I've been baking a whole lot of vegan paleo chocolate chip cookies, and they are delicious. Seriously delicious. The first time I tried them I didn't really like them (this is when they had just come out of the oven). Then I tried again later that day and couldn't stop eating. Not to mention, the dough is absolutely incredible when eaten just out of the freezer. 

So below is a rendition of vegan & paleo chocolate chip cookies. My recipe is not revolutionary whatsoever and is vaguely adapted from this recipe as well as some others from around the internets. Mine will be a little more buttery and a little more coconutty than the one above. 

1 cup almond meal 
3 tablespoons coconut flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon 
3 or 4 tbsp melted coconut oil (I use about 3.5)
2 tbsp maple syrup 
2 tsp vanilla 
2 tsp coconut or almond milk (or even water)
small handful dark chocolate chunks (I like to use chopped dark chocolate bar (75% or so))
some walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Combine dry ingredients and mix. Then add all wet ingredients and stir until you've got this doughy/mealy type thing. Lastly, add chocolate chips (and nuts if you'd like). 

Scoop dough onto a cookie sheet and flatten to look like little hockey pucks. Then bake for 8-10 minutes. 

I forgot to take photos before they were all gone, so here is one I found on google :) Mine looked a lot like this: 





No comments:

Post a Comment